Preparing for Your In-Home Visit
Are you ready for your in-home visit from Blue Door Veterinary Services, or wondering how to get ready? Here are some preparation tips from our team:
- Catch your pet! We recommend that you have your pet corralled someplace where they can’t hide or get away, before we arrive. Cats especially can be very difficult to catch once a stranger has already entered the house!
- Prepare for the meet-and-greet. Often, if the pet is more comfortable, we may choose to meet them in the comfort of their own home before moving them outside to the mobile unit where they will be examined and treated.
- Adjust expectations about timeframes. While the team at Blue Door Veterinary Services aims to be on time for every appointment, the circumstances of travel and in-home care can be a little unpredictable! Please allow a window of time for our arrival and the completion of your pet’s appointment. Our visits are time-intensive rather than completed quickly because we make every effort to provide personalized care to each pet and pet owner!
- Complete client paperwork before the visit. You can visit our client forms page to access paperwork that will be needed for your pet’s appointment.
- Surgery Notes. If your pet is expecting surgery, please prepare them by removing their food after midnight the night before and only allowing your pet to consume water overnight.
- Parking. If you have a driveway or street parking in front of your home that can accommodate a 26 foot truck with about 14 feet width, we will absolutely be able to visit your front door. If you live in a condo or in an area with minimal street parking or low hanging trees, we may need your help finding an alternative spot near your home.
Blue Door Veterinary Services is pleased to provide exceptional care to each and every pet and pet owner. If you have questions or concerns about your pet’s needs or our visit to your home, please contact us today.