Blue Door Veterinary Services Careers Available
We’re always interested in hearing from candidates interested in our unique business model. Resumes/CVs and Cover Letters can be submitted to our email firstname.lastname@example.org
We currently have several openings as we are growing!
- Do you like the idea of reducing stress for yourself, your clients and your patients?
- Do you like creating relationships with your clients and patients and having time to explain things fully for best treatment compliance?
- Are you tired of seeing appointments every 15 minutes and not having a chance to complete your thoughts about a case before moving on to the next one?
- Do you like the idea of a little autonomy in managing your cases but still having someone support you when you hit a diagnostic/treatment wall?
We can help!
Blue Door Veterinary Services is Portland’s only completely mobile, full-service practice. We are a general practice that sees everything from wellness appointments to surgery, x-rays, and sick visits (no true emergencies or walk-ins though!). We are a female owned and managed practice. We get to see some awesome pets and people with 4-5 appointments on average each day – and the people watching as we drive around the greater Portland area is pretty amazing. 🙂
If you are a veterinarian interested in working 2-4 days per week (FT is 4 days per week with shifts being 9-10 hours each day) then we are the practice for you. We’re not your standard vet clinic – we are breaking industry norms and working to create a stable, small business atmosphere even as we grow. As more veterinary clinics are moving to corporate style medicine, we want clients to feel like we’re their family vet even as we grow to be able to serve more clients and pets. At Blue Door, we are always looking for new ways to do things – not just sticking to the status quo. I know that sounds like corporate gobbledygook, but I mean it – I want to know your thoughts on how we can make our practice better – increase efficiencies to get us out of work on time, make our own and our clients’ and pets’ lives easier, have more fun working with your team mates each day etc. We do not allow bad actors (staff or clients) to stick around very long – nobody’s got time for that.
We practice high quality, full-service veterinary care for predominately small animals but have been seeing more pet chickens and goats over the last couple of years as well. There are options to see other exotics or offer complimentary medicine as well depending on your interests.
Read on for more info about our practice, our offerings and what type of candidate we are looking for. If you think you’d fit, but we didn’t define who you are specifically, reach out anyway because we’d love to discuss how we could make this role work for you and for Blue Door.
We have two mobile veterinary clinics at this time – one is a 26’ long vehicle with all the general practice bells and whistles including: on-board Abaxis blood machines (CBC and Chemistry), a digital x-ray system, digital dental x-rays and a separate surgery suite inside the truck with isoflurane anesthesia in addition to a modest pharmacy, vaccinations and treatments options for our daily sick and preventative care appointments. Our other vehicle is a Sprinter sized van – about 22 ft long and has most of the same equipment/medications but no separate surgery suite. Each mobile clinic has an awesome tech/assistant to ride along with the doctor daily, and we have remote receptionists managing most of our client call volume/e-mails. Our clientele is made up of pet owners who are dedicated to their pets and want to be involved in their pets’ care. We pride ourselves as a clinic in being transparent and complete with regards to all options for our patients and working as a team with our clients for the best outcome for their animals. With such complete and open communication between staff and clients, we get really good compliance with treatment plans overall and wonderful, trusting relationships with our clients.
We are looking for a self-motivated veterinarian with 3+ years of experience as you will have a fair amount of autonomy as the only veterinarian on the mobile truck each day. You certainly aren’t left on your own though, there is always a phone-a-friend option if you need support! Right now, our two doctors do both appointments and surgeries, but if you have a preference for one or a fear of the other, we can likely make something work. Experience driving large vehicles is a plus, but is not required – the sprinter is super easy to drive, and the big van isn’t really all THAT scary… just avoid the low hanging tree branches and parked cars 😉
- Compensation dependent on P/T vs F/T status and is commensurate with experience (salary range $55,000-$110,000)
- Relocation assistance, CE stipend, PTO, OR license fee paid annually, PLIT and DEA fees paid after 1 year of employment, medical insurance reimbursement benefits available (90 day waiting period), and state sponsored retirement and sick leave plans available as well.
- Oregon DVM License in good standing
- Active DEA license
- Personal Professional Liability Insurance
- Oregon Driver’s License
- Able to pass a background check
- Schedule is M-F but could include Saturdays if that was preferred. We can also work on creative scheduling if needed – 2 weeks on/ 2 weeks off, 4 long days, 5 shorter days, etc – we’re happy to get creative with you! There is zero emergency on-call as we have several awesome Urgent Care and ERs in the area.
We require employees to be UP TO DATE on COVID-19 vaccinations as defined by the CDC. We do have some staff opting to remain masked when interacting with clients, and we respect that choice.
Ability to commute:
- Can reliably commute to Clackamas, OR 97015 for veterinary shifts
E-mail email@example.com with cover letter and resume/CV to apply!
If you aren’t in the market for a new job but have a candidate you think would be perfect, we are offering a $500 referral fee for you if your referral gets hired!